Saturday 11 September 2010

Villa Spice 2, Berwick

Lovely stuff. Smallish veggie menu, but they'll do vegetable versions of all the usual curries as well.

We've been twice in the last few weeks. First time around I asked for a Mushroom Pathia which was a cut above the usual brown gravy you might expect. Finely spiced, nice heat, thick. The Mrs had their special Dhal Paneer which come in at a reasonable £7 inc rice. Very rich, buttery (but not greasy), thick dhal with generous helping of lightly fried cheese. Mouthwatering. Perfect Garlic Naan.

Visit no.2 I had their Channa Masala which was a drier consistency than I expected but delicious with it. Mrs had the Dhal Paneer again, and to be honest I wish I had. Nothing wrong with mine, but that really is quite special. Starters: light and tasty onion bhaji, mushroom bhaji (ok, but I probably wouldn't have it again). I had a rich mushroom pilau and garlic naan.

Can't remember how much it was exactly, but I think it was around £40 inc coke and two pints of Cobra.

I'm fussy with my indian food and this makes the grade.

34 Ravensdowne | Ravensholme Hotel, Berwick-upon-Tweed TD15 1DQ, England


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment